Saturday 3 August 2013

DIY Face Masks | Natural and Homemade - for Lovely Skin

If you're anything like me, then you've probably asked Google how to achieve radiant skin a bazillion times - and skimmed through every how to article available.

Yet, I remain baffled by my face. One day, my skin will be yearning for some moisture and the next moment, I'll look like an oil spill. And don't even get me started on those pesky under-eye areas. And the spots... Lady Macbeth put it well: Out, damned spot! out, I say!
But look at how she ended up.

However, do not fear! Where there is a will (and a couple of natural ingredients), there is a way! I have tried countless cosmetics and chemical filled face masks but I always return to the trustworthy naturals. So, my fellow faces, put your purse away and head on down to the fridge...

Honey!

I love this ingredient! As well as sweetening dishes, honey is wonderful for your skin. You can apply it on it's own... but you know me, that isn't exciting enough!
I enjoy experimenting, a little like an evil scientist - or a witch, witchever you prefer (hehe, a pun). For skin like mine, I enjoy mixing honey with some egg whites and a little bit of bicarbonate of soda. Not only is this great for cleansing pores while applying nutrients, it froths up so it's fun to make! - I know, I know, I'm a little childish...
However, I found that this isn't the most moisturising concoction. You can also mix some flour, milk, and the not-so-secret ingredient, honey! This is wonderfully nourishing and sticks to your face a little better.
 

Fruits!

 
Again, this won't come as a surprise. Fruits are full of minerals, good for both the inside and outside. But here are my favourites...
Bananas! They make my skin lovely and smooth and help with my dark under-eyes.
Avocados! These are actually used in a lot of cosmetics due to their antioxidants which help slow down the aging of skin.
Lemon Juice! I use this on days filled with particularly bothersome blemishes. However, on it's own, this can dry your skin out so I like to mix it up (yay! Potions-making time!) with some all-natural yoghurt.
 

Tomatoes!

 
Okay, okay, so they're fruits too... But there's a lot of debate over that and anyway, I thought they deserved a little section of their own. Tomato face masks are great for brightening and nourishing your skin. I like to just pop them into the blender along with a few other ingredients, such as oatmeal, yoghurt, or whatever I can find in the kitchen at the time!



So, those are my favourites! I haven't bothered with instructing you on putting this many cups of so and so, along with a certain number of teaspoons of this because I believe that measurements are a little silly (unless of course, you're actually going to eat it, in which case taste-testing is everything), and you can leave it on for as long as you feel necessary - I usually leave mine on for about half an hour.

Therefore, mix it up, try it out, and make your own! If you have any other suggestions, or feedback, or just want to chit-chat, then leave a lovely comment below ^_^
Byeeee x

Izzy ♥ - Life, Love, and Laughter
Follow me on Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/10009735

0 comments:

Post a Comment